28. October 2011 19:31
Folkerson Communications is the brain child of its founder and owner, Gregory B. Folkerson, who started this journey in 1979 and over the years, has grown this business all over the Central Texas and Austin. Folkerson Communication’s commitment to brilliant customer service and employee training has positioned the company to be an industry leader. Folkerson Communications has become a name you can trust and emerged as solution specialist in telecommunication industry.
Folkerson Communications provides you with ample services regarding telecommunication and solves each and every problem your system might be facing, with the help of 30 years of experience in this industry. These services range from reliable and cost effective solutions to your telecom needs as well as other applications.
Folkerson Communications provides services regarding design, sales, installation, implementation, phone servicing, peripherals as well as consultations to any query concerned to telecom industry. Some of the major services offered by Folkersoncom Communications are given below:
- Phone Systems: Folkerson Communications cater to the complete range of telephone systems for the requirements of small, medium as well as large scale industries. It serves through the authorized business phone systems such as NEC, ESI, and MITEL etc.
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP): It provides VoIP with special features which include, Centralized VoiceMail, Centralized Answering, Centralized Trunking, Long Distance Calls, and implementation of a Unified Dialing Plan.
- Data Networks: It caters to the specific needs and requirements of your networking system. LAN, WAN and their installations or to administer the Data Traffic, it provides instant solutions to your business.
- Structured Cabling: It provides you with experienced engineers and certified technicians for your cabling problems, through the use of latest technology.
The service department of Folkerson Communications works 24 hours a day and seven days a week. They are at your disposal as per the needs and requirements of your business infrastructure or telecom problems.
For more information on our various solutions, products and unmatched services, feel free to call us at the following number - Austin: (512) 977-0055, Temple: (254) 742-0064, Killeen: (254) 698-0016 and Waco: (254) 662-2255.
Phone System Central Texas - VOIP Phone System Austin
19. October 2011 21:10
Telephone system is an important part of any type of business in which communication between employees and vendors is very important. Communication is done in many ways. It can be inter-office, which relates to the communication within the office and administration, or, it can be intra-office, which refers to the communication outside the office infrastructure. Efficient telephone system helps in smooth running of your business through better communication and thus helps in better output.
Office communication is very essential part of the business strategy, which understands the basic needs of the work place and keeps harmony among the different departments of the company. It is important for communicating different business deals as well as the managing the administration effectively. For this effective office communication, it is very essential to invest in installing a good telephone system according to the specific needs and requirements.
Folkerson Communications provide you with wide range of telephone systems depending upon your needs. It caters to the small scale as well as large scale industry areas, which satisfy your office requirements at large. The wide range of telephonic systems to choose from, Folkerson Communications provide you with three options according to your phone needs:
- The first category caters to the small office areas where one to fifty phones are installed, with efficient office communication leading to low cost rate.
- The second category caters to the medium sized office areas, whose phones range from fifty to two hundred plus phones.
- The third category caters to the large industry areas where thousand plus phones are installed and satisfy the communication between different departments with in the office infrastructure.
Folkerson Communications has an experience of thirty years and has been providing reliable and cost-effective solutions to the required telephone system needs. It provides you with high-class service which caters to the specific needs of your business and installs the telephone system according to the infrastructure and requirements of the company.
Folkerson Communications can be contacted for further consultations and queries about telephone systems. You can also discuss the installation and implementation process of the wide range of telephonic systems. For more details contact us at Austin: (512) 977-0055, Temple: (254) 742-0064, Killeen: (254) 698-0016 and Waco: (254) 662-2255.
VOIP Phone System Austin - Phone System Waco
11. October 2011 16:55
Data networking refers to the general practice of linking two or more computing devices with each other for the purpose of sharing data. Data network is an electronic process that allows for the orderly transmission and reception of data. These data networks are built with a mix of computer hardware and computer software both. For businesses, data networks allow them to work faster by easy transfer/ access of data at different work stations.
Types of data networks:
- Private data network - It is essentially a local network which has been designed to allow the transmission of data between the various departments of a given entity. The locations of the company may be included as the nodes on the network. It can communicate through a common server that may function as repository for the data files that are used through out the business. Virtual Private Network (VPN) can also be used in enhancing a business, where data sharing can be done between several companies that are a part of the same profession. VPN resides on a master server or by provisioning the connections through a communication carrier.
- Public data network - This kind of data network is widely accessible to both the residential and the corporate clients of a given carrier network. The set up involves the utilization of multiple servers and connection to the network through several different processes. It often requires some kind of subscription, where monthly usage fee may be charged. The service provider allows the creation of access credentials through which the consumer can function. These functions may involve the ability to retrieve stores documents, create backups, and archive important data.
Wireless data networking:
It is basically a system of connecting two or more computers together without any physical connection between the two. It uses radio waves rather than using hard cables. It gives the freedom to work from anywhere, conditioned to the strength of the router and ability of recieving device. One of the most commonly used wireless data network is called ‘Wi-Fi’. Thus, wireless data networking, has recently emerged as the premier technology for building new computer data networks.
We at Folkerson Communication LTD, cater to all your data networking needs and provide an affordable and qualitative service. For further details contact us at Austin: (512) 977-0055, Temple: (254) 742-0064, Killeen: (254) 698-0016 and Waco: (254) 662-2255.
Business Phone Systems Austin - Phone System Waco
7. October 2011 17:17
LAN and WAN are types of network that are commonly used for communication purposes, where two or more computers are linked with each other. These computers are linked in order to share resources, exchange files and allow electric communication. That is why it is called a network, which may be linked through cables, telephone lines, radio waves, satellites or infrared beams.
What is LAN and WAN?
A LAN is a network that connects over relatively shorter distance like, building, school or home. LANs are mostly owned, controlled and managed by a single person or an organization. They tend to use connectivity, primarily Ethernet, and Token Ring.
On the other hand, WAN relates to the larger physical distance. It is geographically- dispersed collection of various LANs and a device called router connects these LANs to a WAN. This router maintains the addresses of both LANs and WAN. A WAN is owned under collective or distributed ownership, and uses technology like ATM, Frame Relay and X.25 for connectivity.
Wireless LANs communicate between the workstations and hubs, through, high frequency radio signals, infrared beams or lasers. These are considered good for allowing laptop computers or remote computers to connect to LAN. It is also beneficial in older buildings where it is difficult to install cables.
Advantages of installing LAN and WAN
- Speed- The speed helps in saving time as it is very rapid while sharing and transferring files within networks, though keeping the integrity of the data intact.
- Cost- Considerable savings can be done as the network-able versions are available at low cost as compared to the individual licensed software programs. Thus it allows easy and efficient upgradation.
- Security- The security of sensitive files and programs is taken care of through passwords or designated “copy inhibit”, so that illegal copying can be prohibited.
- Software management- It helps in centralized software management as the software can be loaded on one computer instead of all the computers independently.
- Resource sharing- Printers, fax machines and modems can be shared through this installation which helps in saving time and energy.
- Electronic mail- It aids personal as well as professional communication, without the wastage of time and resources.
- Group computing- Workgroup software allows many different users of the building to work on a project or document concurrently.
We, at Folkerson Communications, provide you with the LAN and WAN installations for your firms, buildings, schools and houses. You can stay connected with LAN-WAN connectivity, in and around your area and make the most of your business with our beneficial schemes for VoIP connectivity at the most competitive prices.
For more details contact us at Austin: (512) 977-0055, Temple: (254) 742-0064, Killeen: (254) 698-0016 and Waco: (254) 662-2255.
Business Phone Systems Austin - Phone System Waco