5. January 2015 14:12
Most businesses are shifting to VoIP telephone solutions due to the numerous benefits that it offers. As it is easy to install, understand, use and repair most businesses prefer it to the old telephone system. Some of the major benefits of VoIP system are:
- VoIP is very cost effective and affordable as compared to other telephone services. By switching to VoIP, most businesses can save up to 30-50% than what they spent on communication with traditional phones. Services including calls, line rentals and service charges are cheaper with the VoIP system.
- Businesses prefer VoIP as it is scalable and you can easily add or remove users.
- VoIP is flexible and allows you to perform various functions that were not possible with the traditional phone system. You can connect remote offices and employees who are working from home onto the same network. VoIP also makes it easy to transfer or forward calls thus ensuring that you are always available.
- VoIP providers often keep on updating the software to ensure that you remain compatible with new developments and technologies.
- With VoIP system to support, the maintenance cost reduces. The system does not involve any hardware upgrading, replacing or regular maintaining. Thus this system saves on repair and offers you more time to focus on other core competencies.
- VoIP comes with various features and functions including PBX functionality such as on hold music, fax2email, voicemail2email, auto-attendant, etc.
- With VoIP system, you can have better control on the phone systems. You can create call groups, switch on call recording, create/delete extensions, change voicemails and also review phone bills in real time.
- By using VoIP system, you can manage your calls effectively. The system allows you to assess the use of the phone, monitor the in and outcalls, check the length of the call and check the number of the caller. You can also keep a track of the number of calls answered and missed.
- VoIP leads to increased productivity, better retention and conversion. Your clients and potential clients can easily get in touch with the particular employee, whenever they require. The system improves communication and employee efficiency.
VoIP system helps your staff stay connected and work even while on the move. The technique is continuously evolving and adding more features to the system. Besides offering advanced communication tools, the VoIP system offers flexibility and comes at affordable prices.
For effective and affordable VoIP phone systems, visit Folkerson Communications, Ltd. We are a leading provider of business VoIP across Texas. For details, call us at (254) 698-0016.
19. December 2014 21:04
It is a known fact that VoIP phone systems are fast gaining popularity among business owners. They are an efficient and cost-effective option over the traditional phone systems. However, most business owners might not be aware of the fact that frail VoIP security makes it susceptible to various threats from hackers. Cybercriminals exploit any loop hole in a VoIP network to use the business phone systems without authorization, infect the entire network with a virus or gain access to confidential data.If you have a VoIP phone system installed at your business, here are some important security tips to protect your network from malicious attacks.
- Strengthen Password: Although this is not a new tip, yet many people fail to adhere to the simple password security guidelines. Always make sure that you change the default PIN or password provided by the VoIP service provider. Many phone systems do not allow small or simple passwords to be set. Also, there may be a feature to deny access if a user has entered the wrong password a certain number of times.
- Encrypt Data: In VoIP phone systems, data travels over the network and is susceptible to attacks. Encrypting helps to increase its security by transforming the data into a format that cannot be deciphered easily. Thus, even if the data gets hijacked by a hacker, he won’t be able to decode it.
- Install Firewall: Having a firewall will help you to establish a barrier between the impending threats and your network. You can even configure the firewall settings to increase or decrease your VoIP network’s security. Bear in mind that these settings must be altered from time to time to support the needs of your phone system.
- Implement Authentication: This is also an important way to control calls made through VoIP phones. All the communicating VoIP devices need to authenticate one another before starting the conversation. This will minimize the chances that any unauthorized user will have access to the conversation.
- Frequently Test and Update: Getting your VoIP phone’s security system verified by a professional can help you identity and fix the weaknesses before they are misused by a hacker.
For more tips about how to keep your VoIP phone system secure, you can contact Folkerson Communications, Ltd at (254) 698-0016. You can also visit our office at 701 Sun Meadows Dr, Harker Heights, TX 76548.
12. December 2014 20:02
VoIP phone systems have numerous benefits regardless of the size and type of the industry. The wide range of features offered by the business phone systems is capable to accommodate all telecommunication needs. Some of the features it provides include call forwarding, call monitoring, conferencing, automatic answering and many more. However, in order to get the most out of your VoIP phone system, it is important that you select the appropriate plan according to the needs of your business.
Here are the two main plans offered by VoIP phone system providers:
Flat Rate Plans
Although these plans may vary from one company to another, this is usually the perfect option for businesses that require using phones frequently. Companies opting for a flat rate plan are usually able to make a lot of savings by having a clear idea of their approximate monthly phone bill. Also, it is very useful for the employees working either in the office or home office with broadband internet connection. As it offers unlimited free usage, a typical flat rate plan is also ideal for making long international calls. You can also have your important business phone calls forwarded to any other phone.
Usage Based Plans
Usage based plans are a good option for small business who do not need to use phones very often. These plans usually have a minimal and restricted monthly usage with a low starting rate. After you have consumed the allotted data, the calls made are charged with the standard rates applicable. As a small business owner, you can greatly benefit from usage based plans by paying according to your needs and budget.
Thus, before switching to VoIP phone system you should make sure that you evaluate your business needs properly and find out what will be beneficial for you in the long run. You must conduct a market research to find a VoIP service provider that provides you with the most benefits at an affordable price.
We, at Folkerson Communications, Ltd offer efficient and cost-effective VoIP solutions for the businesses in Harker Heights. We provide phone systems with customizable featuresin order to fulfill the individual needs of your business. To know more about our services, feel free to call at (254) 698-0016. You can also visit our office at 701 Sun Meadows Dr, Harker Heights, TX 76548.
5. December 2014 17:38
If you are looking for a new VoIP phone system for your business, then you must invest in the business phone that can offer the maximum value for your money. With a variety of VoIP systems available in the market, often choosing the best is an uphill task. Here are some of the features that you must look for in a business phone:
- Auto Attendant: Irrespective of the size of your company, you can greatly benefit from the auto attendant feature. Auto attendant or IVR, is an extension of call forwarding and voicemail features. An auto attendant is an attractive feature, as it greets the callers with a personalized message and uses the prompts to connect the call to the right person. It routes the calls easily and can also play music or a pre-recorded message to the clients on hold.
- Call Recording: Call recording is one of the most desired features that you must have in your business phone. This feature allows you to record the calls and assure good quality. This helps in monitoring the performance of your customer service executive and giving the feedback based on their previous calls.
- Call Forwarding: The call forwarding feature allows you to get your calls diverted to any device such as mobile phone, landline or VoIP phone that you want. TThis helps you attend every call regardless of if you are out of office or busy in a meeting. This feature allows the employees to move around within the office or outside it while still being approachable.
- Conferencing: A VoIP feature that you cannot afford to miss is thew conferencing facility that allows both audio and video conferencing. This helps multiple persons to participate in a conversation from different regions. Using this feature, the participants can even exchange files, share presentations, synchronize calendars, and even see each other’s computer screens.
- Convergence: It is always good to invest in a VoIP phone system that supports convergence of different technologies. Your phone should be able to handle calls, voice mails, instant messages, e-mails, faxes, video conferences and other types of communications.
- Fax/voicemail to email: This exclusive feature makes your VoIP phone system greatly beneficial. This feature allows you to receive your faxes and voicemails in your email. So, you will never miss an important message while you are on the go. You will remain connected even when you are away or holidaying.
For business phone systems in Harker Heights, TX, consider Folkerson Communications, Ltd. We are located at 701 Sun Meadows Dr, Harker Heights, TX 76548. You can also call us at (254) 698-0016.
18. November 2014 20:15
Structured cabling is a wired infrastructure, which transmits the data required for networking in the entire office building so that everyone can connect easily. The structured cabling system offers maximum return on the investment whereas poor cabling can cause network failures, which can prove to be harmful for the business. Therefore, it is crucial to have proper structured cabling in the company and many businesses are relying on structured cabling for frequent communication with customers and optimal functioning of the network.
Here are some reasons why structured cabling is important for your business:
In order to offer satisfactory customer services and quickly open the record of a customer a business needs quick data transmission. Using cables that do not support the speed that you require can lead to losses and poor performance. A business ideally needs structured cabling to increase the data transmission for optimum performance.
Structured cabling is superior to other forms of cabling because of noise resistance and smooth operation. The fiber optic cables reduce noise to a large extent as noise in cables often leads to poor c
ommunications during phone calls and corrupts data. It also slows down the network as the corrupt data is resent repeatedly until it gets through. Hence structured cabling is essential as it reduces noise and improves the communication.
By using high quality cables that offers longer runs you can support your business phone system in a better way. The fiber optic cables run longer without causing errors and offer superior noise resistance without any limitation due to the length of the fiber optic cable. As these cables support longer runs you need not install a number of repeaters or data hubs. This further makes the network more reliable and decreases the investment required for equipment.
Structured cabling does not need heavy maintenance if installed carefully and properly. It is easy to identify the problem and replace the cables which help in minimizing the downtime and increasi
ng the productivity of any business.
Leads to Business Growth
Installing structured cabling is an investment that helps one secure the future and improve the communication. By having a system that supports both the digital phone system and the data at the same time, you can have an error free and fast transmission of data, and voice. This helps you strengthen your position and have reliable infrastructure. With superior cabling systems and better voice qualities you can reduce expenses in the long run.
You can consult Folkerson Communications Ltd for installing the best-structured cabling infrastructure that support company’s current and future requirements.
11. November 2014 16:18
VoIP has enormously transformed the way businesses are communicating in the present times. Many medium to large businesses have switched their traditional phone systems with hosted VoIP due to the tremendous benefits that it offers. Besides empowering business to streamline their telecommunication system and reduce costs considerably, hosted VoIP offers a lot more benefits that are profitably manipulated by organizations. Some of these benefits are:
- Work from anywhere: In contrast to the traditional phone systems, VoIP gives the employees mobility by allowing them to access the business phones from any place in the world. They just need an internet connection and a compatible device. With such efficient services, you can always stay connected to your office work, regardless of where you are.
- Efficient client services: Hosted VoIP comes with numerous features that allow you to offer better services to your clients. For instance, if you get a call from a customer, your phone system will immediately sort the client’s detailed information from your office records. Thus, you can answer their queries much quickly and efficiently.
- Work together with your colleagues, from anywhere: Besides phone calls, VOIP also offers features such as IMs and video conferencing that helps you work in collaboration with other team members, even when you are thousand miles away. This is particularly helpful for businesses that have offices in different countries.
- Never miss important phone calls: The features in VoIP phone systems such as caller ID and call waiting helps you to track every incoming call. If your company gets huge call traffic, you can re-route simultaneous calls to ring at different numbers at the same time.
- Easy to modify: You can add or alter the features of your hosted VoIP phone system anytime without the need of having any IT skill or knowledge. Users have direct access to manage the phone features and service settings.
- No hardware problems: Traditional phone systems are likely to get damaged in case of a crisis at your workplace. However, the hardware for VoIP is stored securely in an offsite location. You just have to redirect the calls to an alternate location and employees can even take the calls from their home or another location.
If you also want your business to expand and flourish you should consider making the switch to hosted VoIP phone systems. For more information, feel free to contact Folkerson Communications, Ltd at (254) 698 – 0016.
4. November 2014 20:05
Voice over IP (VoIP) is being increasingly used by businesses as a method of communication. It is mainly used by the sales-oriented business firms and has proved to be an economical method of communication in Central Texas. Buying a Voice over IP (VoIP) phone system involves critical decisions to be taken which would affect the business in a positive way.
Tips for choosing a hosted VoIP Solution:
Choosing a hosted VoIP provider could also be a difficult task but a little planning can be very helpful for delivering a correct VoIP business phone system solution.
Here are a few considerations that can help:
- Check the features: A complete inspection of the features should be done before choosing a hosted VoIP solution. The business firms should try to compile the necessary features required by them and the compare them with the features available with the service provider.
- Ask about the equipments required: There are many hardware or network infrastructure equipments required in addition to the IP phones, which is dependent on the size of the company and the number of connections required. Confirming about these from the service provider is a must for an effective VoIP solution.
- Enquire about cancellation policy: Confirm about the cancellation fees, in case of cancellation of the contract and also ask about the time taken to subject the termination procedure. Inquiring about the costs occurred while cancelling and the requirements can also be a part of decision taking.
- How to change the number of phone lines: As the business keeps on growing, therefore there can be chances of an increase or decrease in the number of phone lines. The users should confirm about the procedure of the change and its effect on the contract. Some of the contractors charge a per line fee, therefore asking about these could be helpful in taking a decision.
- Support provided: A very important consideration for any customer is the support being provided to them by the service provided. Therefore a proper check of the support facilities should be done. The customers can confirm about these from the service providers and the market or by contacting the customers using the similar services. Support includes installation, complete set up of call treatments and support after the services.
- Porting process: One of the most important business considerations is the porting process, as the business owners cannot change their numbers frequently. Therefore asking about the time required for the porting is also beneficial in estimating the completion time of the whole procedure.
VoIP’s are very beneficial for lowering the costs of the business as it offers toll-free calls, reduces the wiring costs, is easy to relocate and provides easy access facilities. We at Folkerson Communications Ltd. provide VoIP solutions to our clients in Central Texas. We provide the latest solutions and applications to you. For more information call us at (254) 662-2255.
20. October 2014 18:33
All businesses, irrespective of their size, rely on Voice over Internet Protocol for effective and cost effective communication. Communication is one of the most important factors that leads a business to success and helps in increasing their productivity and sales. Companies spend a huge amount of money on their phone and communication bills every year and they look for ways to cut the costs that they incur on communicating with their employees, clients and associates. VoIP helps in communicating over the Internet and has in fact opened new avenues for businesses as they can build up a client base or deal with suppliers and distributors from all over the world.
Realizing the benefits of communicating with broadband over analog phone systems, many companies are switching to VoIP systems. Broadband services are available at reasonable costs and thus, substantially reduce the costs of calling internationally. This has also made it possible for the employees to remain in touch with the office and the management while working in any part of the world. They can plug in their phones anywhere, as they need only high-speed broadband connection to remain connected to their office. The VoIP phone system, being flexible, helps businesses present themselves in a professional manner. The system maximizes the employees work ability and efficiency as it helps them stay linked with their co-workers and the customers.
With VoIP phone systems businesses enjoy more mobility and portability. The employees can log into their phone with a high-speed internet connection and they can even use their system through emails while traveling. VoIP system enables conducting video conferences and virtual meetings at the most affordable prices. The employees can easily share documents and discuss the deals in detail without bothering about the call charges. Conducting meetings irrespective of the location of the team is easy and manageable due to this advanced system.
Besides cutting-edge functionality and dependable customer support, VoIP comes with easy to use features. By using VoIP rather than landline system, company employees can make calls from computers or laptops and even forward calls to mobile phones. New features can be easily installed on VoIP system and it does not require any hardware installation. It is crucial to use the services of a VoIP phone system provider that has experience and offers the best solutions and customer support. It is important that you consider all the options available and choose the one that suits your business needs.
13. October 2014 14:56
First impression lasts a long time and it is extremely important for small businesses to leave a good imprint on the minds of their clients the moment they are approached by them. When a client calls a business their response should be prompt and the infrastructure should be functioning as professionally and efficiently as possible. One of the best ways to achieve this perfection is by switching from your traditional phones to the VoIP technology. VoIP phone systems allow the users to receive and make phone calls through the internet, are much cheaper than the conventional phone call rates and offer many more useful features. Given here are some of the benefits of VoIP system that can help small businesses make a big impression in the market:
- Cheap national and international calling: This is one of the biggest benefits of VoIP phone systems. It offers the convenience of making national and overseas calls at a much cheaper price. Thus it is absolutely perfect for the small businesses looking to expand their clientele as they can develop their relations with international business partners and vendors.
- Accessible Extensions: A small or developing business is not capable enough to handle the complexities of an extension line. Also, a traditional PBX system requires a lot of investment and maintenance. Instead, a PBX hosted by VoIP is much more cost effective and reliable as VoIP phones are wireless their maintenance is also very easy and economical.
- Additional Features: Besides offering calling facility, VoIP comes loaded with a lot of other features such as call forwarding, caller ID, call blocking, and voice mail and auto attendant. When a customer calls, the auto attendant feature will spontaneously direct them to the required extension. Such professionalism will enhance the credibility of your small business among the customers.
- Increased Portability: One of the much known benefits of VoIP phone systems is that it offers convenience to the employees and management to work from any and every part of the world. If you have an internet connection, you can always stay connected to your work regardless of your location.
- Multi-functional: Besides making calls, you can also conduct video calls using your VoIP phones. It allows to you to stay in touch with even the remotest of your clientele or business associates. You can conveniently hold important meetings or discuss targets without being physically present in the same room.
To have your small business switch to VoIP phone system and reap profits from its amazing features of, feel free to contact Folkerson Communications, Ltd at (512) 977 – 0055.
6. October 2014 15:22
With the new inventions happening every day it is becoming much easier businesses to keep up their operations even when all the employees are not at the same place. Most businesses today work with computer and their employees have laptops and cell phones to keep them linked to work at all times. However, if your company has not incorporated business VoIP conferencing solutions as yet then you are surely lagging behind in connectivity. There are numerous benefits with VoIP conferencing that can help your business and here are some of the main points.
- Host meetings in any part of the world: A hosted video conference is the perfect solution if you want to host a meeting with your partners or employees who are in different locations. This way, you can make sure that everyone receives the same information without having to bear the travel costs.
- Option between video and voice conferencing: With most business VoIP phones, you can have the option to choose from video and voice call conferencing. If you prefer a face to face conversation, you can select video conferencing. However, if you stress on online visual aids during your meetings, you can go in for voice conferencing.
- Incorporate remote employees: Today, there are almost no physical boundaries for business and you don’t need an employee to come in to the office every day. Freelancing and working from home is cost effective and many businesses have employees doing the same. However, there are a few things that are urgent or cannot be efficiently communicated over email. VoIP conferencing can provide the perfect solution to keep all the employees updated, no matter where they are.
- Improve your office hardware: You can implement latest hardware solutions for your office depending upon the size and scale of your VoIP solutions. You can have sophisticated phones for large conference rooms or simple VoIP phones for individual use. Based upon the needs and requirements of your business, you can also choose from a variety of conferencing plans available. Thus, VoIP is a very cost-effective means of communication.
For businesses that have to make conference calls on a daily basis, VoIP phone system is definitely the best option for you. We, at Folkerson Communications, Ltd provide efficient VoIP solutions for the communication needs of your business. For more information, you can contact us at (512) 977 – 0055.