10. April 2014 15:58
VoIP or Voice over Internet Protocol is a term used to describe the technology related to transmission of phone calls over the Internet. Just like an email, voice data can also be transferred over the Internet. These days, many businesses are making the shift from the conventional analog telephone systems to VoIP. The most obvious and significant advantage is the reduction in costs. Read on to know more about how VoIP systems are beneficial for businesses.
- Money is the key driver of any business; with VoIP you are bound to save significantly on transmission costs. As companies switch from telephone systems to VoIP systems for making calls, the costs go down considerably. Another advantage is the fact that VoIP systems are easy to upgrade as they are built on software. This is not the case with conventional telephone systems that are made of physical hardware which is quite expensive to upgrade or replace.
- VoIP systems increase the efficiency of business operations as they are easily accessible through remote systems as well. Teams across multiple geographic locations can connect on conference calls and interactions to discuss important business issues.
- VoIP systems are scalable in nature. In the event of expansion of a business or moving it to a new location, a VoIP system can be easily scaled up to cater to the requirements. That is not the case with a conventional analog telephone system like telephone systems where a major overhaul would be required to expand the infrastructure for an existing business.
- Another benefit of implementing VoIP systems for conducting business is the remarkable quality that they offer. The quality of sound is crystal clear, whether you are making a call to a branch office within the same city, or communicating with a client sitting in some other part of the world.
- VOIP phone system helps in considerably lowering the response time as well. In today’s age of competition, time is money; making the right response at the right time is what differentiates winners from the losers. VoIP systems enable businesses to react quickly to opportunities for growth and expansion. These systems are highly reliable and make it possible to move ahead of the competition in no time.
Therefore, if you want your business to reap the benefits of a cost and time-effective mode of communication, VoIP systems are the way to go. They offer quality, efficiency, scalability, and robustness for your business.
3. April 2014 15:53
Businesses are always on the lookout for new processes and technologies which they can use to ramp up the efficiency and cost-effective of their day to day activities. Nowadays, most important business processes and activities rely strongly on the quality of technology at their disposal. Telephonic communication has always been a major part of business processes, and there has been a paradigm shift in the level of technology available in this area over the past years. Slowly but steadily, hard line telephones are making way for the more advanced and feature-laden hosted VoIP or Voice over IP solutions that have taken the business world by storm.
There are many benefits that hosted VoIP phone systems have over older business phone systems Austin. These are convincing enough for businesses to replace their older technology with this newer and better one. Here are some of those benefits -
- Ease of use - Hosted VoIP solutions take very little work to set up and can even be deployed with people who do not posses much technical skills. There is no need to install extensive cabling and very easy to add more components for later use. There is also no need to maintain pieces of hardware that are likely to deliver faults and complications over time. VoIP is entirely software dependent and not susceptible to these problems.
- More productive - Businesses can leverage the immense power of hosted VoIP to significantly boost their productivity. Since it is much less expensive than its earlier counterpart, businesses can use those surplus funds to enrich other important areas or processes. Latest VoIP technologies allow company personnel to not just make phone calls but also to send and receive important business documents and conduct business meetings through video conferencing.
- Flexible and mobile - VoIP integrates telephonic conversations with other important modes of business communication like email, electronic fax and video conferencing, thereby allowing people to multitask easily. When creatively used, its flexibility can really change the way business processes are conducted. Also, VoIP can be used from any location with an internet access, thereby making it possible for people to stay in touch even when they work from home or are on the move.
- Economical - Hosted VoIP as a communications solution is much cheaper than older technologies like the phone systems. Particularly in cases where a business needs to facilitate frequent long-distance communication, VoIP can be a great way to bring down costs while adding to the functionality on offer. It is a long-term investment which can be an inviting proposition financially.
We at Folkerson Communication, LTD provide affordable and efficient hosted VoIP services to small and medium sized businesses in Central Texas. For more details, call us at (512) 977-0055.
18. March 2014 20:27
VoIP or Voice over Internet Protocol is gaining considerable acceptance across a host of organizations as a means for fast and reliable communication. There is a diverse spectrum of industries where VoIP is finding applications right from Information Technology to scientific research and exploration, telecommunications, and many more. With VoIP touching so many important sectors, it is quite obvious that it is suitable for the healthcare industry as well.
At Folkerson Communications Ltd, we provide reliable and extensive VoIP phone systems that can be implemented in medical centers in Austin. We constantly endeavor to help our clients leverage the powerful tool of VoIP to facilitate communication within their organization, and save significantly on the costs.
Read on to know some of the salient features of a VoIP system when it comes to medical centers.
- The dynamics of the medical industry are ever-changing. With the growing number of patients and increase in medical prowess of our physicians through new breakthroughs, it is imperative to have in place a robust and scalable VoIP system. We help you in implementing the same, at very economical prices.
- When you choose us for a VoIP telephone system in Austin, you can be assured of a secured network that is in compliance with all the norms and regulations. The VoIP systems also help you to track the various calls for security reasons, if needed.
- The medical profession is something where a missed call could be the difference between life and death. With our VoIP systems, you can be rest assured that you will not miss any critical call from your patients. Our systems come with a provision to redirect calls to another medical office in case they are not received in the first place. This helps patients to reach out to doctors in times of emergency.
- A VoIP system also offers a lot of flexibility to the medical employees- doctors, nurses, and support staff. Employee mobility becomes easy; a physician could move to any desk or floor in the hospital premises, and use the same number and extension irrespective of the location.
The medical industry is making rapid strides and growing like never before. With a VoIP system, all communication needs- telephone calls, Internet, and fax, can be integrated into one. Moreover, you can save a lot of money by using our cost-effective solutions. Thus, a VoIP system is ideal for the healthcare sector, and both the doctors and the patients can benefit out of it.
Contact us today at (512) 977-0055 to learn more about our VoIP phone systems.
11. March 2014 13:19
Whether you own a small or a large business in Texas, your most important priority is increasing your efficiency as well as savings. You constantly need to devise strategies that can help you perform better and have an edge over your competitors. To enhance your business communication, you can consider hosted VOIP phone systems, which involve engaging an outside provider to manage business communications. By using highly advanced VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) technology, you can ease your burden and focus on core issues of your business.
Due to numerous benefits of hosted VoIP phone system, more and more businesses in Texas are embracing the technology and flourishing in their businesses. Some of the benefits of VoIP phone System that make it crucial for the businesses include:
- Easy Installation: The biggest benefit of using VoIP hosted phone system is that the equipment is not only easy to install, but also cost effective. By choosing an economical plan offered by your hosted business phone system provider in Texas, you can substantially lower your communication expenses.
- Easy Transition from traditional system to hosted VoIP system: Once you decide to install VoIP, you can easily make transition from your traditional hard line phone system to advanced VoIP system, which offers convenient access to your important phone numbers and addresses.
- Amazing calling features: The hosted VoIP system offers an array of calling features, which are not present in traditional hard line system. This helps you work easily as well as make better plans for your day. You can get personalized numbers and personal extensions, using this feature, customers can directly contact required departments and persons.
- Voice mailing systems and auto respondent: Another advantage of using hosted VoIP phone system is that you can choose auto respondent facility and voice mailing system. Both these features ease your work pressure and streamline your calls. The provider can provide group telephony systems to make your work more productive.
- Screen unnecessary calls: An effective VoIP phone system not only screens the calls to eliminate unnecessary calls, but also allows you to prioritize the calls and attend them accordingly. Various features present in VoIP system makes business processes quite easy. You can choose to receive call based on preferences.
- Customize your voicemail: Hosted VoIP systems help you customize your voice mails by using personalized greetings, playing music, which ultimately improves the communication and make it more effective.
- Link various numbers: Mobile businesses draw great benefits from the attractive feature of VoIP system that includes linking employees’ numbers with the office number. This allows all the numbers to ring when someone calls until any of these is answered.
Using hosted VoIP system not only boosts your business image and reputation, but also help you deal with your clients and suppliers in a better way. Sound communication leads to better business relationships and more productivity.
4. March 2014 13:15
VoIP - Voice over Internet Protocol, also known as Internet telephony is a system through which one can establish a voice communication system over the internet. Today, VoIP has become a common medium of communication and almost every industry is availing the benefits from it. Specialized VOIP solutions for hospitality sector catering to specific telephony needs of the industry have found wide acceptance in hotels, restaurants, holiday resorts etc.
Benefits of VoIP for hospitality industry:-
- Enhances Productivity and Efficiency: First of all, VoIP is cheap at less than half the price of normal phone line. It also provides additional features like call waiting, call forwarding, conference calls which enhances the level of productivity and help reduce labor costs.
- Digitized Record: VOIP phone systems allow information and call conversations to be stored digitally. Such information storage about guest bookings can save time and increase staff efficiency.
- Relatively Convenient: Unlike traditional landlines, VoIP offers portability option. This gives ease to the administration staff as they can communicate from any place at any time at affordable costs.
- File Record: Another advantage of VoIP is that it automatically keeps the backup of the data. A VoIP handset keeps record of all incoming and outgoing calls information in a database on server. In this way, you can have report of every call, which apparently improves customer service.
- Additional Features: Facilities like Video Conferencing and call bridging are a cut above as they help the hotel administrators organize internal and international conferences. These facilities are not much expensive and can help in the expansion of your business.
- Virtual receptionist: VoIP system can work as a virtual receptionist. It may attend multiple calls simultaneously along with having the feature of auto attendant.
We, at Folkerson Communication, LTD provide affordable and efficient hosted VoIP services to businesses across the Central Texas area. For more details, call us at Austin: (512) 977-0055, Temple: (254) 742-0064, Killeen: (254) 698-0016 and Waco: (254) 662-2255.
18. February 2014 04:18
Many establishments have problems in finding an advanced but cost-effective calling solution to meet the demand of a growing business. Hosted VoIP solutions for calling are very efficient and provide good flexibility in their plans and services. Using hosted VoIP services can dramatically reduce calling costs; improve the deployment speed and efficiency of your business; and help you manage business communication even on the move.
A hosted VoIP provider allows making a move to automatic contact distribution easily and economically, seamlessly extending the work and creating a virtual call center or an office where an employee can work from home, or any offshore place.
Following are the key Call Center solution components with a hosted VoIP provider: -
- Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) – ACD helps in performing call forwarding and routing as well as call queuing in a hassle free manner.
- Auto Attendant – Auto attendant provides interactive voice responses, which are pre recorded and deliver a positive response to a caller.
- Agent and Supervisor Clients – It provides effortless communication and interaction between the agent and the supervisor so as to run the business smoothly and efficiently.
- The hosted services help in methodical conducting of work without any interruptions because of lack of connectivity.
- It also provides all basic functions like call recording, automatic responses; call conferencing and video calling on attractive and competitive prices.
Some of the major benefits of a hosted VoIP solution: -
- It helps in improving customer service and achieving high customer satisfaction.
- It helps in establishing virtual call centers anywhere in the world with just a personal computer and a broadband connection. No investment is needed for hardware installations or making and maintaining an office and the hassles that come with it.
- It minimizes costs as hosted VOIP service providers provide the calling solutions at cheap rates all over the country and not in any one particular city or state.
- You can get usage plans where you need to pay for only the services you use.
11. February 2014 01:26
In today’s age where mobility is the prime component of life, VoIP comes in as a very handy and economically viable solution for all those who just can’t get off the phone. The VOIP phone instead of using the existing analog phone lines, just push all the calls, voice conferencing and video calls through Internet. This is a great way of saving money for heavy mobile users as the call cost involved is as low as internet costs. Not only that, VoIP provides voice quality almost as good as any analog phone lines and sometimes-even better.
For global companies who need to communicate with their international partners and clients, VOIP phone systems are one of the best bets. They not only allow a person to make international calls at a fraction of cost but also allow you to use multiple advanced facilities like conference calls, video conferencing etc. A typical VOIP calling would cost you around 9 to 10 dollars a month.
Benefits of VOIP Phone System:
- In today’s age of smart phones, VoIP services are also available over mobile phones and the VOIP applications can be downloaded on the phones of employees so that you can stay in touch even when they are away from office.
- VOIP phone system plans include features that normal phone line phone offers at very high costs.
- VoIP saves you from ever having to install new analog telephone lines or buying new connections for all the employees.
- VoIP can also be made very secure by getting it encrypted through a VPN connection. This way other people cannot abuse your service.
- Overall cost of using VOIP is very low as compared to normal phone connections.
VoIP is the technology of the era. If you have any business that needs to grow and is limited by resources, save on your phone bills by using VoIP phone systems.
4. February 2014 05:21
One of the primary considerations while travelling, is how to keep communications going while in transit and at your travel destination. A VoIP phone system makes for a ready solution, allowing travelers to make long-distance calls at reduced call rates. This makes it possible to keep in touch with your family, friends, and acquaintances back home, without having to worry about your phone bill breaking the bank.
Here is a look at how this cost-effective and reliable communication option can help you to make cheap international calls while abroad:
- A key benefit that VoIP telephone systems offer is increased flexibility and portability, which enables users to carry their communication system wherever they go.
- VoIP is particularly useful for business owners across Austin, as it helps you to keep a single phone number and maintain active communication with your clients and customers even while travelling.
- All that you need to make cheap calls from your VoIP phone numbers is a reliable internet connection. You can easily make calls from a Wi-Fi hotspot, or using any other available internet network.
- The call forwarding feature in VoIP phones is also highly beneficial for travelers, as they can forward incoming calls on their regular number to a local phone number, or to an additional number back home.
- Another useful feature that VoIP offers to travelers is IP faxing, using which business travelers can send or receive important documents on the go. Since the faxes are sent over an IP network, the cost incurred is much lower than that of a regular fax or a fax sent over international phone lines.
- Travelers can also use VoIP for having a video chat with their loved ones back home. The only requirement for carrying out such a video chat is that the VoIP user as well as the person they are talking to should have a high-speed internet connection.
- VoIP services are specially useful for travelers since VoIP providers allow online management of calling plans, which allows you to tweak your preferences on the go. You can change your plan before setting off on vacation, and can keep making changes as required once you arrive at your destination.
22. January 2014 18:40
VoIP phone systems have nearly out-phased traditional wired telephone systems, enabling businesses to enjoy the benefits of feature-rich and cost-effective communication. Here is a look at the top five features that VoIP business phone systems have to offer for your Austin business:
- Affordability: This is a particularly beneficial feature for businesses that involve a lot of long-distance calling, as it can help to significantly bring down your communication costs. In addition to the direct cost-cutting on long-distance calls, you can also save money through the use of general purpose computers instead of special software or proprietary hardware.
- Remote connectivity: VoIP is highly beneficial for businesses with multiple locations. With a VoIP phone system, it is possible to transfer voice calls instantly, no matter where across the country you are located.
- Conference calling: VoIP enables smooth conference calls, which can go a long way to enhance connectivity between coworkers and business associates. Nearly every VoIP phone system is capable of allowing conference calling involving at least three parties, with some business VoIP phone systems even supporting as many as 99 calls in a single conference.
- Find Me-Follow Me: This has gone on to become one of the most popular features offered by VoIP phone systems. It enhances connectivity, making it possible to reach an employee even when he is not available at his extension. For instance, if you do not pick a call that is made to your desk phone, the call will be automatically transferred to your cell phone. If you still do not pick it, it can be transferred to an alternate cell phone or extension. This feature boosts customer satisfaction by eliminating the need for customers to keep track of multiple numbers to reach employees.
- Auto Attendant: Auto attendant can help to give a big-business feel to your company, ensuring complete customer satisfaction when calls need to be routed. This software is included in the package of most vendors.
If you are looking for a VoIP phone system for your Austin business, Folkerson Communications LTD can help you with a hosted VoIP solution. We provide phone systems with a customizable feature set to meet the individual needs of your business. Our experience of more than 17 years in the telecommunication industry helps us to deliver the very best to all our customers. Contact us today at (512) 977- 0055 to learn more about our VoIP phone systems.
15. January 2014 14:15
The list of benefits that VoIP offers to businesses is practically endless, which explains the worldwide popularity of this communication system. The major ones include cutting down on communication costs, boosted efficiency, and increased productivity. Apart from its financial benefits, another major benefit of VoIP, that is often ignored, is that of its voicemail feature, which can go a long way in improving your business. Here is a look at how your Austin business can benefit from VoIP:
- VoIP voicemail enables a more relaxed working environment, as employees can leave their desks as they please, without having to worry about missing a call or two. With the voicemail feature, it is possible to get back to the customers and clients within minutes of missing their call.
- This voicemail stands out from that in traditional phone systems, with features like visual voicemail, which allows employees to access their voicemail on a visual interface by simply logging in to their account, irrespective of where they are at the time.
- Staff can also customize greetings on VoIP voicemail. This enables them to program a busy message for the specific period when they will be unavailable. These professionally recorded greetings can also help to give a big-business feel, ensuring an optimal experience for customers while their call is being routed.
- Another popular feature being used by businesses is the voicemail-to-email feature. This feature alerts the employees via email, each time they receive a voicemail. This enables them to respond to the messages with the necessary action immediately, without having to wait until they get back to the office. This feature helps to boost business productivity by managing the workflow of individual employees.
- Employees can also benefit from receiving the actual voicemail message as an email attachment on their mobile devices or personal computers, which can be saved to review later.
- Some businesses also opt for the VoIP voicemail feature that sends a complete text transcription of the voicemail message, which can still be accessed even if they fail to hear the message.
If you would like to avail the benefits of voicemail in a VoIP phone system for your business, Folkerson Communications, LTD can help you make the most of this feature. With over thirty years of experience in providing reliable, cost-effective communication solutions, we can help you to choose the best set of VoIP features for your Austin business.