13. February 2015 14:54
With the business environment becoming increasingly competitive, it is very important to keep up to date with technology in order to be successful. Phone systems are the most important part of communication between a business and its customers. Thus, they must be constantly upgraded to incorporate the newest features that can significantly improve the quality of your business operations while cutting the overall costs.
If you are considering a new phone system for your company the best choice would be a VoIP system. It can help you save money on both domestic and international calls while providing many useful features that can significantly contribute to the growth of your business. It will also increase employee productivity and improve customer service.
Given here are some of the most common signs that prove that you need a new phone system for your business:
- Lack Of Scalability: Your existing phone system should be able to accommodate the needs of you expanding your business. If it does not have the feature to inexpensively add more users or extensions, it must be replaced.
- Increasing Call Volume: A common problem with businesses is the shortage of phone lines to handle a large a large volume of both inbound and outbound calls. A VoIP phone system can help you increase your call capacity along with additional features like call waiting, call transferring, automated call answering etc.
- Unsupportive Of Multi-Office Feature: If you are planning to open up a branch or office of your business in another location, adding phone line extensions should be an easy and cost effective task. Your existing phone system should support this feature or else it’s a sign that you need to switch.
- No Distant Communication Support: In the present business scenario, ‘work from home’ culture is becoming increasingly common. Thus, your company’s phone system must be capable of transferring calls to the mobile phones of the employees. If not, it is highly possible that you will miss out on a lot of potential customers.
- Require More Functionality: Another reason that you might need a new phone system is that your phone system lacks enough features to keep up with the evolving needs of your business. For instance you might need to monitor, track and record call conversations. These features are available in the VoIP phone systems.
Folkerson Communications, Ltd, offers affordable and feature loaded VoIP phones to the businesses in Harker Heights, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 698 – 0016.
4. February 2015 15:15
VoIP systems have a spectrum of features that have the potential to offer a competitive edge to call centers. Some of the benefits that call centers can reap by installing a VoIP system are lower costs, increased flexibility, better control and enhanced integration with system and data.
VoIP system uses the Internet to transfer data and calls by digitalizing the data and splitting it into packets. These packets are sent to the destination over the Internet where they are reassembled.
Some of the benefits of using VoIP technology for call centers are:
Reduced Operation Costs
The biggest benefit that a call center can derive from using the VoIP system is reduction in the costs. The phone bills are much cheaper and the VoIP equipment is also more affordable than the conventional telephone gear such as PBX. By using VoIP, one can easily create a virtual call center where the services are offered from home or with the help of remote agents. This not only boosts the coverage, but also helps in improving the quality, productivity and reduces operational costs. VoIP system doesn’t burden the call center with infrastructure costs and high technology budget, which can be redirected towards expansion or other development purposes. It is also cheaper to re-install, maintain and repair the VoIP system.
The next generations VoIP systems are loaded with unique features such as quick connect function, which helps the call center save money by connecting the call with the agent before connecting it with the customer. This reduces the long pauses that are a part of dialer-generated calls. Other important features include automatic call recording, which helps by automatically tagging and categorizing the calls to streamline business actions. VoIP system helps the companies automate their internal processes and use the customer intelligence to boost customer services. It becomes easy to supervise and thus, improves the quality of contact center services.
VoIP helps call centers boost customer satisfaction by decreasing or eliminating the hold time. The system allows the customers to have their calls received promptly. The system ensures the best coverage during the peak time as VoIP calls are easy to route. This technology is helpful in improving customer relationships as it also has features like call forwarding, voice mail and call recording.
We, at Folkerson Communications, Ltd. provide VoIP phones syste,s tp call centers and other busienss firms in Austin, TX. For more information, call us at (512) 977-0055.
19. January 2015 13:23
Installing a cable network is not such an easy task as it seems to be. Lacking the required skills and knowledge can result in serious mistakes that have the potential to damage the entire system. With the constant advancement in technology, having efficiency in handling all of them is quite difficult. No matter if you have the most proficient team of technicians with you, it is highly possible they make some faulty connections and pairings that fail to deliver efficiency.
Given here are some of the things that you should keep in mind while installing a cable network:
- Although it is a known fact that cost is an important factor while deciding on the cable options, however, you should not compromise on quality at all. Make sure you choose cables that are not below the quality of CAT5e or CAT6. Also consider and make provisions for the applications to be upgraded at a later time.
- Try to use a single cable for your voice and data needs. Many telecommunication companies prefer installing a different cable for each system. In general, voice is given a cheaper cabling, whereas data cabling is superior and expensive. However, with the increasing popularity of VoIP, voice and data cabling can be integrated as a single unit. In fact, VoIP phone systems come with an in-built Ethernet switch which allows it to connect to the existing cables. Thus, it can save a lot on the installation costs.
- Do not put electrical and data cables together. The low voltage running through the data cables generate a magnetic field to smoothly carry on the communication chain. However, when these exposed cables are placed along the electrical cables, the communication becomes garbled and noisy due to the disruption in magnetic field. If you have to place the cables near electrical lines, make sure you cross them at a perpendicular angle.
- Once the network is installed, you must test each and every cable with the designated tools to ensure that they are in proper working order. This may include verifying the cable specifications and length matched to your requirements.
We, at Folkerson Communications, Ltd, offer cost effective and quality structured cabling solutions to businesses in Harker Heights, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 698 – 0016 or visit our office at 701 Sun Meadows Dr, Harker Heights, TX 76548.
12. January 2015 17:37
VoIP technology has revolutionized the way people communicate, especially on long distances. Due to its tremendous benefits, the VoIP system has become an integral part of businesses all over the world. Its ease to install and use, cheap international calls, various call features and low maintenance has increased the systems popularity manifolds.
Voice over Internet Protocol technology uses the Internet to make call rather than use the landline network. However VoIP needs the same dialing format as a landline phone. You can call PC to PC, PC to phone, and phone to phone either free or at a small fee. You can even make video calls and depending upon the VoIP service that you use, you can make calls directly through your computer or call by connecting your regular telephone to your system.
Benefits of VoIP
There are many benefits of using the VoIP system and the biggest benefit is that the technology is affordable. Whether you need to discuss your business matters or need to make personal calls to friends or family, you can always choose VoIP to make international calling. VoIP uses the Internet connection to make international calls, which is very economical. Local calls over VoIP are free and for international calls, you can make calls at reasonable prices. You can make calls using the existing broadband services at your enterprise. There are no overhead expenses involved such as high line rental, heavy bills, etc. and the VoIP system makes international calls affordable for all businesses.
Folkerson Communications, Ltd offer attractive plans, which allow businesses to make unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles. You can choose the plan according to your needs and country preferences. By signing up with the VoIP services provider, you can also get discounts on international calls. In case you need the facility to make phone-to-phone calls you can an adapter. By using the adapter, you can easily connect your phone hand set with modem. The service is highly useful for employees who travel frequently or stays in field for most part of the job. By using VoIP, all employees can remain connected with the office at affordable prices.
Other services offered by VoIP are voicemail, text messages, call forwarding, conference calls and call diverting services. The virtual extensions with the system help you convert voice commands into text messages as well. VoIP is an essential communication tool that is affordable for businesses dealing with international clients.
5. January 2015 14:12
Most businesses are shifting to VoIP telephone solutions due to the numerous benefits that it offers. As it is easy to install, understand, use and repair most businesses prefer it to the old telephone system. Some of the major benefits of VoIP system are:
- VoIP is very cost effective and affordable as compared to other telephone services. By switching to VoIP, most businesses can save up to 30-50% than what they spent on communication with traditional phones. Services including calls, line rentals and service charges are cheaper with the VoIP system.
- Businesses prefer VoIP as it is scalable and you can easily add or remove users.
- VoIP is flexible and allows you to perform various functions that were not possible with the traditional phone system. You can connect remote offices and employees who are working from home onto the same network. VoIP also makes it easy to transfer or forward calls thus ensuring that you are always available.
- VoIP providers often keep on updating the software to ensure that you remain compatible with new developments and technologies.
- With VoIP system to support, the maintenance cost reduces. The system does not involve any hardware upgrading, replacing or regular maintaining. Thus this system saves on repair and offers you more time to focus on other core competencies.
- VoIP comes with various features and functions including PBX functionality such as on hold music, fax2email, voicemail2email, auto-attendant, etc.
- With VoIP system, you can have better control on the phone systems. You can create call groups, switch on call recording, create/delete extensions, change voicemails and also review phone bills in real time.
- By using VoIP system, you can manage your calls effectively. The system allows you to assess the use of the phone, monitor the in and outcalls, check the length of the call and check the number of the caller. You can also keep a track of the number of calls answered and missed.
- VoIP leads to increased productivity, better retention and conversion. Your clients and potential clients can easily get in touch with the particular employee, whenever they require. The system improves communication and employee efficiency.
VoIP system helps your staff stay connected and work even while on the move. The technique is continuously evolving and adding more features to the system. Besides offering advanced communication tools, the VoIP system offers flexibility and comes at affordable prices.
For effective and affordable VoIP phone systems, visit Folkerson Communications, Ltd. We are a leading provider of business VoIP across Texas. For details, call us at (254) 698-0016.
19. December 2014 21:04
It is a known fact that VoIP phone systems are fast gaining popularity among business owners. They are an efficient and cost-effective option over the traditional phone systems. However, most business owners might not be aware of the fact that frail VoIP security makes it susceptible to various threats from hackers. Cybercriminals exploit any loop hole in a VoIP network to use the business phone systems without authorization, infect the entire network with a virus or gain access to confidential data.If you have a VoIP phone system installed at your business, here are some important security tips to protect your network from malicious attacks.
- Strengthen Password: Although this is not a new tip, yet many people fail to adhere to the simple password security guidelines. Always make sure that you change the default PIN or password provided by the VoIP service provider. Many phone systems do not allow small or simple passwords to be set. Also, there may be a feature to deny access if a user has entered the wrong password a certain number of times.
- Encrypt Data: In VoIP phone systems, data travels over the network and is susceptible to attacks. Encrypting helps to increase its security by transforming the data into a format that cannot be deciphered easily. Thus, even if the data gets hijacked by a hacker, he won’t be able to decode it.
- Install Firewall: Having a firewall will help you to establish a barrier between the impending threats and your network. You can even configure the firewall settings to increase or decrease your VoIP network’s security. Bear in mind that these settings must be altered from time to time to support the needs of your phone system.
- Implement Authentication: This is also an important way to control calls made through VoIP phones. All the communicating VoIP devices need to authenticate one another before starting the conversation. This will minimize the chances that any unauthorized user will have access to the conversation.
- Frequently Test and Update: Getting your VoIP phone’s security system verified by a professional can help you identity and fix the weaknesses before they are misused by a hacker.
For more tips about how to keep your VoIP phone system secure, you can contact Folkerson Communications, Ltd at (254) 698-0016. You can also visit our office at 701 Sun Meadows Dr, Harker Heights, TX 76548.
12. December 2014 20:02
VoIP phone systems have numerous benefits regardless of the size and type of the industry. The wide range of features offered by the business phone systems is capable to accommodate all telecommunication needs. Some of the features it provides include call forwarding, call monitoring, conferencing, automatic answering and many more. However, in order to get the most out of your VoIP phone system, it is important that you select the appropriate plan according to the needs of your business.
Here are the two main plans offered by VoIP phone system providers:
Flat Rate Plans
Although these plans may vary from one company to another, this is usually the perfect option for businesses that require using phones frequently. Companies opting for a flat rate plan are usually able to make a lot of savings by having a clear idea of their approximate monthly phone bill. Also, it is very useful for the employees working either in the office or home office with broadband internet connection. As it offers unlimited free usage, a typical flat rate plan is also ideal for making long international calls. You can also have your important business phone calls forwarded to any other phone.
Usage Based Plans
Usage based plans are a good option for small business who do not need to use phones very often. These plans usually have a minimal and restricted monthly usage with a low starting rate. After you have consumed the allotted data, the calls made are charged with the standard rates applicable. As a small business owner, you can greatly benefit from usage based plans by paying according to your needs and budget.
Thus, before switching to VoIP phone system you should make sure that you evaluate your business needs properly and find out what will be beneficial for you in the long run. You must conduct a market research to find a VoIP service provider that provides you with the most benefits at an affordable price.
We, at Folkerson Communications, Ltd offer efficient and cost-effective VoIP solutions for the businesses in Harker Heights. We provide phone systems with customizable featuresin order to fulfill the individual needs of your business. To know more about our services, feel free to call at (254) 698-0016. You can also visit our office at 701 Sun Meadows Dr, Harker Heights, TX 76548.
5. December 2014 17:38
If you are looking for a new VoIP phone system for your business, then you must invest in the business phone that can offer the maximum value for your money. With a variety of VoIP systems available in the market, often choosing the best is an uphill task. Here are some of the features that you must look for in a business phone:
- Auto Attendant: Irrespective of the size of your company, you can greatly benefit from the auto attendant feature. Auto attendant or IVR, is an extension of call forwarding and voicemail features. An auto attendant is an attractive feature, as it greets the callers with a personalized message and uses the prompts to connect the call to the right person. It routes the calls easily and can also play music or a pre-recorded message to the clients on hold.
- Call Recording: Call recording is one of the most desired features that you must have in your business phone. This feature allows you to record the calls and assure good quality. This helps in monitoring the performance of your customer service executive and giving the feedback based on their previous calls.
- Call Forwarding: The call forwarding feature allows you to get your calls diverted to any device such as mobile phone, landline or VoIP phone that you want. TThis helps you attend every call regardless of if you are out of office or busy in a meeting. This feature allows the employees to move around within the office or outside it while still being approachable.
- Conferencing: A VoIP feature that you cannot afford to miss is thew conferencing facility that allows both audio and video conferencing. This helps multiple persons to participate in a conversation from different regions. Using this feature, the participants can even exchange files, share presentations, synchronize calendars, and even see each other’s computer screens.
- Convergence: It is always good to invest in a VoIP phone system that supports convergence of different technologies. Your phone should be able to handle calls, voice mails, instant messages, e-mails, faxes, video conferences and other types of communications.
- Fax/voicemail to email: This exclusive feature makes your VoIP phone system greatly beneficial. This feature allows you to receive your faxes and voicemails in your email. So, you will never miss an important message while you are on the go. You will remain connected even when you are away or holidaying.
For business phone systems in Harker Heights, TX, consider Folkerson Communications, Ltd. We are located at 701 Sun Meadows Dr, Harker Heights, TX 76548. You can also call us at (254) 698-0016.
18. November 2014 20:15
Structured cabling is a wired infrastructure, which transmits the data required for networking in the entire office building so that everyone can connect easily. The structured cabling system offers maximum return on the investment whereas poor cabling can cause network failures, which can prove to be harmful for the business. Therefore, it is crucial to have proper structured cabling in the company and many businesses are relying on structured cabling for frequent communication with customers and optimal functioning of the network.
Here are some reasons why structured cabling is important for your business:
In order to offer satisfactory customer services and quickly open the record of a customer a business needs quick data transmission. Using cables that do not support the speed that you require can lead to losses and poor performance. A business ideally needs structured cabling to increase the data transmission for optimum performance.
Structured cabling is superior to other forms of cabling because of noise resistance and smooth operation. The fiber optic cables reduce noise to a large extent as noise in cables often leads to poor c
ommunications during phone calls and corrupts data. It also slows down the network as the corrupt data is resent repeatedly until it gets through. Hence structured cabling is essential as it reduces noise and improves the communication.
By using high quality cables that offers longer runs you can support your business phone system in a better way. The fiber optic cables run longer without causing errors and offer superior noise resistance without any limitation due to the length of the fiber optic cable. As these cables support longer runs you need not install a number of repeaters or data hubs. This further makes the network more reliable and decreases the investment required for equipment.
Structured cabling does not need heavy maintenance if installed carefully and properly. It is easy to identify the problem and replace the cables which help in minimizing the downtime and increasi
ng the productivity of any business.
Leads to Business Growth
Installing structured cabling is an investment that helps one secure the future and improve the communication. By having a system that supports both the digital phone system and the data at the same time, you can have an error free and fast transmission of data, and voice. This helps you strengthen your position and have reliable infrastructure. With superior cabling systems and better voice qualities you can reduce expenses in the long run.
You can consult Folkerson Communications Ltd for installing the best-structured cabling infrastructure that support company’s current and future requirements.
11. November 2014 16:18
VoIP has enormously transformed the way businesses are communicating in the present times. Many medium to large businesses have switched their traditional phone systems with hosted VoIP due to the tremendous benefits that it offers. Besides empowering business to streamline their telecommunication system and reduce costs considerably, hosted VoIP offers a lot more benefits that are profitably manipulated by organizations. Some of these benefits are:
- Work from anywhere: In contrast to the traditional phone systems, VoIP gives the employees mobility by allowing them to access the business phones from any place in the world. They just need an internet connection and a compatible device. With such efficient services, you can always stay connected to your office work, regardless of where you are.
- Efficient client services: Hosted VoIP comes with numerous features that allow you to offer better services to your clients. For instance, if you get a call from a customer, your phone system will immediately sort the client’s detailed information from your office records. Thus, you can answer their queries much quickly and efficiently.
- Work together with your colleagues, from anywhere: Besides phone calls, VOIP also offers features such as IMs and video conferencing that helps you work in collaboration with other team members, even when you are thousand miles away. This is particularly helpful for businesses that have offices in different countries.
- Never miss important phone calls: The features in VoIP phone systems such as caller ID and call waiting helps you to track every incoming call. If your company gets huge call traffic, you can re-route simultaneous calls to ring at different numbers at the same time.
- Easy to modify: You can add or alter the features of your hosted VoIP phone system anytime without the need of having any IT skill or knowledge. Users have direct access to manage the phone features and service settings.
- No hardware problems: Traditional phone systems are likely to get damaged in case of a crisis at your workplace. However, the hardware for VoIP is stored securely in an offsite location. You just have to redirect the calls to an alternate location and employees can even take the calls from their home or another location.
If you also want your business to expand and flourish you should consider making the switch to hosted VoIP phone systems. For more information, feel free to contact Folkerson Communications, Ltd at (254) 698 – 0016.