11. July 2014 13:14
The world of telecommunication has gone through a number of important changes and technological advancements over the last few decades. Wired telephones have become feature rich and other important new technologies have also surfaced which have revolutionized the world of business telecommunications in many ways. The digital phone systems have slowly started giving way to bigger, better and more flexible technologies like VoIP. A comparison of digital phone systems and VoIP systems is enough to show why businesses are gradually moving towards new technologies and the advantages that they bring to the table.
- Ease of Setup and Use – Digital phones work the same way that they always have. They use hardwiring and utilize different cables for voice and data connections. They are managed by centralized hardware and every new unit that needs to be installed needs separate wiring to function properly. VoIP on the other hand, uses the power of the Internet for its connectivity and therefore needs minimal wiring to function. This makes it incredibly easy to setup and use, involving minimum wiring hassles and elaborate setup procedures.
- Features and Flexibility – While digital phone systems have become better with time and now come with a number of nice features, the feature set that you can get with VoIP is unmatched. Since it uses the Internet for connectivity, you can have simultaneous voice and data connections, and can integrate modes of communication like file transfer, emails, teleconferencing, videoconferencing and electronic fax into your business or vacation model. Unlike digital phone systems, VoIP is also extremely flexible allowing you to add new units with ease and also gives you the ability to use VoIP features on the go.
- Costs – In general, VoIP systems cost much less to install and maintain than digital phone systems. Due to the integrated nature and the fact that systems are managed by software, VoIP can provide your business with more features at a lesser cost than digital phone systems. Also, businesses which have the need to frequently make international calls can have major benefits with VoIP systems, as international call costs are remarkably cheaper than with digital phone systems.
- Maintenance – Digital phone systems are more difficult to maintain and required the presence of professional technicians. VoIP systems are managed by software and can therefore be maintained, and repaired remotely. Also, without the hassles of elaborate wiring, VoIP connections are far less likely to face problems.
If you are looking for the right phone system for your business which gives you a bang for your buck, getting a VoIP system installed is the right way to go. We, at Folkerson Communications Ltd offer a wide range of VoIP phone systems for business firms across Central Texas. You can contact us at (512) 977-0055 for more information.
4. July 2014 19:53
In any business model, big or small, an efficient telephone system is required which helps organizations manage their day to day needs. Business phone systems have capabilities that extend far beyond than a traditional telephone. Even though technological advancements have made traditional telephones obsolete, business models prefer using phones for communicating with their clients. They are necessary as they connect employees, help serve customers, let employees collaborate, provide effective communication in real time and come loaded with many features which make them essential to be deployed.
Following are the key features of a business telephone system:
- Auto Attendant - Auto attendant works like a receptionist for your company 24 hrs a day and directs the caller to the extension number of the recipient they wish to speak to.
- Conferencing - To have a conversation with a number of people, business phones allow you to connect to more than two participants.
- Call Forwarding – With this feature, calls can be easily forwarded or redirected to an alternative number or Voicemail in case an employee is not available on a particular number and this helps avoid missing out on important calls.
- Call Hold – As the name suggests this feature can be used to discuss important matters in between a call.
- Redial – It is the feature that enables to dial the previous number with a single button.
- Paging – Paging helps to make important announcements in an organization and locate someone.
- Speed Dial – For easy access to certain numbers, speed dial comes in handy where you can reach any number by dialing just one number.
- Music on Hold – To keep users entertained while they are on hold some music or advertisement can be played.
- Automated Directory – It helps to look up specific destination number of the person you are trying to call and routes calls to specific extension numbers.
- Voicemail - In order to check on calls that could not be attended due to some reasons, Voicemail is a feature that records your messages and lets you follow up on those calls.
- Call filtering - Phone systems display the number of the caller on the screen and let you identify who the caller is which in turn helps you save time by ignoring unwanted calls.
It is not necessary that all the features provided by a business phone system are seemingly relevant to every business environment. It depends on a company's needs and they can configure what features they need integrated to their phone systems to save costs and obtain high performance.
18. June 2014 18:43
VoIP is one of the decisive innovations in the field of telecommunications that has reached immense heights of popularity over the last few years, owing to its simplicity, features and cost-effectiveness. With a number of marked advantages over standard means of telephone that has been in use for many decades, VoIP is a great alternative for businesses that can make the full use of its generous feature set and incredible cost-effectiveness. Overall, VoIP is a marked improvement upon older technologies like standard telephony, using the power of the internet to offer a flexible, scalable and efficient mode of communication for businesses. It is no wonder that several businesses are making an active effort to switch to VoIP from standard telephony, and here are a few important reasons why.
- Easy to use – VoIP is extremely easy to set up and use. There is no need to install elaborate hardware or structured cabling systems. Anybody can set up a VoIP system, even with little or no technical knowhow. There is no scope for cable clutter, and adding further units to the system is a breeze. Maintenance is also easier, thanks to the fact that VoIP systems use software and not hardware for management.
- Better Productivity – VoIP greatly increases the scope for productivity with its added range of features which cannot be found with standard telephony. Since it uses the internet to facilitate communication, instead of just sticking to voice calls, VoIP also offers features like video calls, conferencing, file and document sharing along with collaborative workspaces. This allow business employees more leeway to multitask and complete communication efforts, while cutting costs for the company.
- More Flexibility – For business communications, VoIP brings a world of flexibility. Due to its rich feature set, employees can use VoIP for a number of different purposes. Features like remote conferencing, electronic fax and email integrated with the phone system really elevate its scope and reach. Also, VoIP can be used on the go, which means that employees who are on the move only need a place with internet connectivity to stay in touch.
- Affordable – Compared to standard telephony, VoIP systems cost significantly less to set up and maintain. Without the need for expensive hardware and cabling, VoIP gives businesses the opportunity to revamp their communication system at a fraction of the cost. Also, calls to other countries through VoIP are much cheaper, which is a blessing for businesses which need frequent international communication.
We at Folkerson Communications Ltd provide VoIP phone systems for businesses all over Austin. Contact us at (512) 977-0055 for more details.
11. June 2014 18:40
VoIP or Voice over IP is one of the most intriguing and popular telecommunication technologies of this day and age. It benefits thousands of businesses all over the world, enabling them to have a solid, reliable telecommunication solution which is rich with great features and is cost-effective. In principle, VoIP brings to the table the same functionality as wired telephones and PBX systems, with the difference that instead of relying on dedicated hardware and cables, VoIP takes advantage of the internet and its capabilities to facilitate communication. As a result, a number of different, exciting features can be used with VoIP, which makes it a great choice for many industries. There are some businesses which can make full use of the entire feature set a VoIP provides and these are the businesses that can best utilize the full potential of this technological marvel.
For retailers, VoIP presents a unique opportunity. It is a really affordable way to organize and execute all important communication within the company and externally, with clients and customers. Retailers usually experience heavy call volumes, handling product enquiries, business enquiries, customer calls and after-sales service calls. For such a large call volume, VoIP is the perfect mode of communication, as it takes away the need to install elaborate hardware and cabling, and presents the company with an easy to install and easy to use alternative that does not take much time or resources to set up. Also, retailers employ servicemen who are usually on the move, and VoIP makes it extremely easy for them to maintain communication while on the go, using internet connectivity and a device like a laptop or smartphone.
Hospitals usually consist of a lot of different sections and departments and seamless communication is a crucial requirement. VoIP can come in extremely handy in these situations as it provides a way for an extremely mobile hospital staff to communicate internally. Since VoIP does not depend on elaborate hardware and cabling, it is a much more reliable mode of communication and much needed in a place where any delay or disruption of communication might mean the difference between life and death.
Calls centers are also prime businesses for VoIP. VoIP features enable call center employees to route calls to assigned workers, and team leaders can use VoIP to listen in on conversations for performance assessment. Calls can also be recorded for further assessment, and senior managers have the power to take over a conversation at any time if the need be.
4. June 2014 18:08
For businesses, it is extremely important to have a phone system which allows for effective communication between personal, departments, clients and outside resources. Business phone systems also need to be easy to use, easy to maintain, scalable and full of features which have the potential to make the business process easier and more intuitive. VoIP is a system which fulfills all these requirements while remaining extremely cost-effective and really simple to set up. The immense flexibility offered by a VoIP system is something that businesses can use productively in their own context to further improve their processes and incorporate new degrees of efficiency in their communications.
Here are a few features of VoIP systems that make them a perfect fit for all business requirements –
- VoIP systems are extremely easy to setup. There is no need for structured cabling or elaborate hardware to be installed and configured. A centralized server equipped with special VoIP software handles all communications and can be tweaked to accommodate particular business communication needs. Since there is no cabling and the maintenance required is very little, VoIP comes across as an easy transformation.
- VoIP systems are full of great features that can be put to good use in a business context. Since communication through VoIP is essentially Internet-based, a number of different modes of communication and data transfers can be implemented very easily. Apart from voice calls there is support for features like voicemail, video calls, videoconferencing, call conferencing, electronic fax, email, file transfer, and collaboration tools for projects. Used correctly, these can prove to be an asset for your business.
- VoIP systems are extremely flexible and scalable. Adding new units to a VoIP system is a breeze and Folkerson Communications Ltd installs VoIP phone systems for businesses in Austin without having to work a lot on the infrastructure. The flexibility offered by VoIP systems is also an important advantage in a business context. Since VoIP uses the Internet, business VoIP systems can be used even from remote locations where Internet access is readily available. For people who need to travel, this is a perfect way to stay in touch with their co-workers.
- VoIP systems are extremely cost-effective. Since there is no need to install cabling or expensive hardware, initial costs are low. Call rates are usually cheaper than those of wired telephones, particularly when you are making a large number of international calls for business purposes. VoIP systems also do not need as much maintenance or repair as wired phone systems.
19. May 2014 12:43
All businesses have one thing in common; they need effective and efficient communication solutions that allow them smooth communication between personnel, department, management, clients and vendors. Choosing the right phone system is key to the success of a business. Phone systems have been around for a long time and ranging from traditional wired telephones to the latest technological innovations in telecommunication, things have come a long way. For the businesses of today, it is extremely important to choose a business phone system that is efficient, feature-rich, technologically relevant and cost effective. Most businesses are nowadays gravitating towards new and efficient technologies like the Voice-over IP or VoIP system. It is important for businesses to ensure the implementation of efficient communication tools to achieve smoothness in their day to day processes.
VoIP Phone Systems for Business
VoIP or Voice-over IP has brought about a new wealth of features, functionality and usability to the world of business telecommunication. Instead of using wired telephones and dedicated hardware to manage connections, VoIP uses the power of the internet to provide telephone services with connections being managed by specialized hosted software. Overall, this system makes things a lot easier by eliminating the need to install structured cabling and offering a host of important features which can be constructively used in the context of a business.
The Right System
Choosing the right phone system for your business can be a complicated process, where you have to weigh in a number of factors, think about the pros and cons and come to the right conclusion. This will have a positive impact on your business and effect it long term. Hosted VoIP solutions can be the answer you are looking for. Here are just a few of the good things you can add to your business with VoIP –
- Ease of Use – VoIP systems are extremely easy to install and use. Installation can happen in a flash as there is no need to make room for cabling, and usage and administration can be done by personnel who do not have technical backgrounds.
- Features – Apart from the ever available voice calls, VoIP can also integrate other forms of business communication like video calls, video conferencing, electronic fax, emails and file sharing.
- Scalability and Cost-effectiveness – Since everything is controlled by software, adding new units or setting up new rules does not require new hardware or implementation of significant changes. Since there is no cabling to install and maintain, VoIP systems are also incredibly cost-effective to maintain in a business scenario.
We at Folkerson Communications Ltd provide VoIP phone systems for businesses all over Austin. Contact us at (512) 977-0055 for more details.
12. May 2014 20:09
VoIP phone systems allow the user to make cheap local and international calls to any destination in the world. From the point of view of a business owner there is no reason why he should not install such a communication system in his firm as they work just like a regular telephonic set up but function at a much lesser cost. Making international calls on a daily basis can amount to a huge sum of dollars on your periodic telephone bill and can have a huge impact on your revenue and income.
Nowadays it is easier to switch to a VoIP because most businesses already have an established Internet connection at their establishment. All you need to do is make a few adjustments and add the standard hardware necessary for enabling voice over Internet calling. International calling is not the only benefit that hosted VoIP is limited to as you can make cheap local calls and organize conferences too. If you set up a VoIP phone system in your office in Austin you can even communicate with your clients, partners, branches or employees located anywhere in the world.
Another advantage of using VoIP system is that it can be scaled as per the size of your business. If and when you expand you can install more instruments and hardware and if you are cutting down on costs you can downsize your hardware. A VoIP system is flexible to the point that even if you need to transfer your office to a new geographical location your VoIP can go right with you and the shifting around can be done easily and conveniently. For example, if you are shifting a certain department to a new floor, you can shift all the phones without having to change any numbers or extensions. This renders a lot of flexibility and convenience to use a VoIP while making huge savings at the same time. To sum it up, VoIP is economical, convenient, smarter, and a more productive mode of being connected with your clients and business associates.
We at Folkerson Communications Ltd provide VoIP services for all sizes and kinds of business. You can call us at (512) 977-0055 and we will be happy to help you out with any unresolved queries about VoIP phone systems and provide any information you may need about the cost effective business phone systems in Austin.
5. May 2014 13:46
Telecommunications technology has seen progress in leaps and bounds over the last couple of decades. Old technologies have given way to new, better and more efficient ones in all facets of telecommunication and exiting technologies have been improved upon significantly. One of the major improvements that the present day and age has seen is VoIP or Voice over Internet Protocol. VoIP harnesses the power of the internet to provide efficient communication solutions of different kinds. On the virtue of its cost-effectiveness, flexibility and scalability, numerous businesses around the world are actively making a switch to VoIP for their business needs. There are many benefits of using a VoIP system and here are some of the important ones.
Ease of Use
First up, a VoIP system is really easy to set up and it can be up and running in no time. There is no need to install any cabling of any kind which eliminates the clutter and hazards associated with hard lines. Adding units is also an easy operation and using, and maintaining VoIP phone systems is considerably easier than wired telephones due to the fact that the system is managed by software and not hardware. This makes a VoIP system an ideal solution to start with.
VoIP supports multiple kinds of communication and uses the internet to facilitate them. Apart from voice calls, employees can also initiate video calls and video conferences, share files and attach important documents. This allows employees more scope to multitask while significantly cutting the elevated costs associated with wired phones and international calls.
VoIP adds an incredible amount of flexibility to business communication. Since its functionality is not limited to voice calls, employees have the scope to use VoIP for a number of different purposes. Along with voice calls other important business features like electronic fax, emails, remote conferencing and collaborative tools can be utilized and made part of the business communication process with VoIP. Also, VoIP systems support mobile use which means that employees who are always on the move can carry their VoIP adapters with them and have business conversations from any location which offers internet connectivity.
VoIP overall costs are much lesser than traditional wired telephones. This combined with the added functionality that it brings to the table and the significantly reduced costs when effecting international communication makes VoIP phone systems the most affordable and cost-effective communication alternative for businesses.
We at Folkerson Communications Ltd provide VoIP phone systems for business and can be contacted at Austin: (512) 977-0055.
18. April 2014 15:21
VoIP or voice over Internet Protocol is a cost-effective and an efficient way of transmission of voice data over the internet. It eliminates the need for having the bulky hardware that is associated with a conventional analog telephone system. Read on to know how your business in Austin can benefit through implementation of a VoIP phone system.
- VoIP systems allow you to set up conference calls within no time. The conference call features in a VoIP system ensures that you can call multiple people at once without wasting time in setting up a virtual meeting as is normally the case.
- With a VoIP system in place, there is no way you will ever miss an important business call. Whether you are on the road travelling, or sitting inside your business cabin, VoIP makes sure that every call reaches to you. This goes a long way in making the best use of available business opportunities, without missing out on the important ones.
- With so many business calls coming in, it might so happen that you forget certain important conversations or discussions. VoIP offers a solution for that as well through its voice transcription feature. This allows the transcription and delivery of your conversations in the form of voice mail so that you can keep a track of all important calls later on, even after the call has ended.
- A relatively new feature in VoIP telephone systems in Austin is a setup for customer relationship management. Since business is all about serving your customers, the CRM feature of a VoIP system maintains a call history of consumers. So every time a particular customer makes a call, you can ensure continuity and answer him or her in the best possible manner by having a look at the recorded customer profile.
- A feature that benefits small businesses that have to often put their callers on hold is ‘music on hold’. This feature allows you to choose the kind of music or information that you would want your customers to hear when you put their call on hold. Silence can be a deterrent at times, hence the importance of this feature.
- Call screening is another feature that proves to be handy in business. If you are getting repeated calls from a number that serves no business purpose, you can easily disconnect the calls by looking at the caller ID. In case you receive a personal phone call from your home, you can easily redirect it to your cell phone.
Go in for VoIP systems for your business today and reap the benefits through the whole lot of features that these systems offer.
10. April 2014 15:58
VoIP or Voice over Internet Protocol is a term used to describe the technology related to transmission of phone calls over the Internet. Just like an email, voice data can also be transferred over the Internet. These days, many businesses are making the shift from the conventional analog telephone systems to VoIP. The most obvious and significant advantage is the reduction in costs. Read on to know more about how VoIP systems are beneficial for businesses.
- Money is the key driver of any business; with VoIP you are bound to save significantly on transmission costs. As companies switch from telephone systems to VoIP systems for making calls, the costs go down considerably. Another advantage is the fact that VoIP systems are easy to upgrade as they are built on software. This is not the case with conventional telephone systems that are made of physical hardware which is quite expensive to upgrade or replace.
- VoIP systems increase the efficiency of business operations as they are easily accessible through remote systems as well. Teams across multiple geographic locations can connect on conference calls and interactions to discuss important business issues.
- VoIP systems are scalable in nature. In the event of expansion of a business or moving it to a new location, a VoIP system can be easily scaled up to cater to the requirements. That is not the case with a conventional analog telephone system like telephone systems where a major overhaul would be required to expand the infrastructure for an existing business.
- Another benefit of implementing VoIP systems for conducting business is the remarkable quality that they offer. The quality of sound is crystal clear, whether you are making a call to a branch office within the same city, or communicating with a client sitting in some other part of the world.
- VOIP phone system helps in considerably lowering the response time as well. In today’s age of competition, time is money; making the right response at the right time is what differentiates winners from the losers. VoIP systems enable businesses to react quickly to opportunities for growth and expansion. These systems are highly reliable and make it possible to move ahead of the competition in no time.
Therefore, if you want your business to reap the benefits of a cost and time-effective mode of communication, VoIP systems are the way to go. They offer quality, efficiency, scalability, and robustness for your business.