10. May 2012 17:37
VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol. For the layman, it refers to using a phone service over the internet. It’s becoming a popular means of communication in residences and offices with each passing day. As VOIP phone service is very cheap as compared to the traditional phone services, it is becoming a popular means of communication in residences and offices.
Advantages of using Voice over IP
- Lower cost: VoIP is far cheaper than equivalent services from traditional sources. It especially saves on the costs when it comes to international and long distance calling. One can even dial local numbers and enjoy much lower calling rates. Residential and business customers can save thousands of dollars a month depending on their usage.
- Number portability: If you are using VoIP services, you have an added advantage of being able to take your phone number anywhere you go, easily. You can move from one state to another without altering your phone number. With some service providers, it is possible to that if you go outside the country; you still get to retain your original number. This makes it very convenient for friends and family to keep in touch with you no matter where you are.
- Business VoIP services: Some VoIP service providers provide business VoIP services like three way conferencing, call forwarding, call waiting, voicemail, caller ID, simultaneous ringing across multiple phones, seamless call transfers, three way calling and unlimited calls to other countries. Some providers also give Fax services via internet. This makes it very cheap as compared to ordinary land lines for businesses.
- Increased functionality: VoIP makes it possible to do things that are virtually impossible to do with traditional phone networks. No matter where you go, your incoming calls will be automatically routed to your VoIP phone when you plug it onto the network. It’s even a highly preferred service for call centre agents. You can also use Bluetooth headsets and soft phones to place calls by utilizing a wireless internet connection from a café or hotel lobby and sync your laptop with the headset.
- Computer telephony integration: Most of the VoIP service providers these days are designing and implementing new features which implement Computer Telephony Integration applications. This service makes it easy to use data such as pictures and documents and can even prioritize incoming calls based on the caller’s identity.
For a customized and cost effective VOIP business phone system in Austin or other locations in Central Texas, feel free to visit us at Folkerson Communications. We are located at 6448 E Hwy 290, Austin, TX 78723. You can also contact us at the following locations - Austin: (512) 977-0055, Temple: (254) 742-0064, Killeen: (254) 698-0016 and Waco: (254) 662-2255.
Business Phone Systems Austin - Telephone Systems Austin