11. January 2011 13:48
VOIP connection implies a Voice Over Internet Protocol connection. VOIP technology is a great mean to communicate at a very low cost. Voip phone systems enable such low costs as they just need a internet connection along with the basic equipment to transmit voice based communication over any distance.
There are many advantages of using Voip instead of the conventional phones. VOIP phone systems are extremely beneficial for those who wish to call overseas or within offices on a regular basis as it help bring down phone bills significantly. It results in huge savings in comparison to conventional phone systems for the users who want to communicate with each other. It has been estimated that VOIP phone systems normally reduces the cost of international phone calls to just 10% of cost through conventional phones.
Voip is increasingly being adapted to work with other devices like cell phones. This will enable people to avail Voip services even while commuting. It will still take a few more technological changes in order to make Voip widely accepted and easier to use for those on the go. Currently VOIP setups enable low cost communications through conventional phones using VOIP adapter, computer systems or special VOIP phones.
VOIP calls are classified into two types:
- PC to PC Calls – Here the VOIP communication is done between from one computer system (or VOIP phone) to another computer system (or VOIP phone).
- PC to Phone Calls – These calls are made through computer system or VOIP enabled phone system to another conventional phone equipment using PSTN (Packet Switched Telephone Network).
Advantages Of VOIP Phone Systems
- VOIP phone systems are very effective in conference calls. More than two persons can be a part of a conversation easily through VOIP phone systems.
- The Hardware and Software cost of VOIP phone system is quite low. Low set up cost makes VOIP phone systems a preferred business choice.
- Flexible Network Layout is possible with VOIP phone systems. You can use VOIP on Ethernet, ATM, SONET etc. VOIP can also be used with wireless networks.
- You can communicate with people across the globe with a VOIP phone at extremely low cost.
We at Folkerson Communications provide complete VOIP solutions for businesses. For VOIP phone systems in Austin and other Central Texas areas, please call us at Austin: (512) 977-0055, Temple: (254) 742-0064, Killeen: (254) 698-0016 and Waco (254) 662-2255.
Phone System Central Texas - VOIP Phone System Austin